You can be doing missions in your community almost every single day. Here are some suggestions. We'd love to hear about what you're doing or where you're volunteering. If you have ideas for other possibilities, don't hesitate to let us know.
- Volunteer to read to shut ins or folks in nursing homes and rehab centers.
- Volunteer at your local homeless or domestic violence shelter.
- Collect the sample shampoos and soaps every time you go to a hotel / motel. You can donate those to domestic violence and homeless shelters.
- Every time you go to the grocery store, pick up two extra cans of fruits or vegetables to add to your donation to the local food pantry.
- Buy / collect leftover Christmas cards. Write brief notes and well wishes that your hospital can share with patients during the holiday season.
- Talk to new moms in your community and collect out grown children's clothes to donate to the local domestic violence or homeless shelter.
- If you knit or crochet, use your extra yarn throughout the year to make caps, scarves and gloves for children in your community.
- Walk through the toy aisle at your favorite store and keep an eye out for sale items. These can be donated to annual Toys for Tots drives or the children's wing at your area hospital. Teens and tweens in hospitals love to get Legos.